The plant Coleus Forskohlii that grows in regions of India and Sri Lanka produces a chemical called forskolin in its roots. This plant has been used in ancient ages as a medicine for heart and respiratory disorders. It is still used as a prescribed drug to deal with asthma and other respiratory ailments.
Uses of forskolin
There are many uses of this chemical can be consumed as a drug, below are a few uses of the product mentioned-
- It’s a great aid in the process of digestion, this helps ease the digestion by stimulating the gastrointestinal juices in the stomach. Improves bowel movements, eases stomach ache, acidity, nausea and intestinal spasm.
- It can used to treat skin disorders, allergies, psoriasis, eczema and insect bites can be dealt with using the help of this chemical.
- This chemical can also be used to induce menstruation, literally as a contraception
- This improves the blood flow in your body by stimulating the muscles in the blood vessels, over using this may cause low blood pressure.
- Advanced studies show that this chemical can be used to prevent cancer and also can be used to treat cancer too.
With the above mentioned uses, this does seem like it is a miracle drug, but whatever may be the need for consumption of this drug. You should not self prescribe this medicine without consulting a doctor or a medical professional. When combined with already consuming drugs this may cause life threatening emergencies.
According to her explanation overuse of this drug may cause some minor side effects like low blood pressure with symptoms like feeling light headed, dizzy, etc. The drug may also increase your pulse rate as this stimulates the bodily activities at the cellular level. Be cautious and take on the drug as per the dosage advised by the doctor and do let him know the drugs you are already taking.